Monday 14 January 2013

Letting go

I had a very powerful dream last week which involved me hanging from a cliff top. Bystanders watched, then walked away. I hung on until my arms ached, wondering if anyone had gone to get help. And then I woke up. The relief that I was not going to die was intense. But the more I thought about it, the more I realised that maybe the message is simply that it's OK to let go. Maybe it's more painful and exhausting to hang on.

I have a habit of holding on to things. Emotionally. And physically. A dentist had to intervene to remove my baby teeth. During childbirth I needed to have my waters broken. In hindsight I would go so far as to say that my tumour was a manifestation of holding on, of contraction, of fear. Holding on is damaging to the body, it blocks energy. Our entire system works on the basis of cellular communication - we are energetic beings. Stagnation, particularly in the organs of elimination, causes toxic build-up. Long term inability to eliminate the body's rubbish leads to diseases, like cancer. 

So I am practicing 'letting go'. It's harder than it sounds, but the rewards are worth the effort. When we let go, we relax, we become more present, we stop worrying about what is coming, and what has been. We stop judging - situations, others, ourselves. We stop needing to know how and why and what. Most importantly, we stop fighting, and we begin to TRUST - we remember how to BE. 






2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, there are some things that each one of us has to let go of to make progress. For my part, I am working hard to let go of the dreams I once had, specifically of being a wife and mother. That may sound negative, as if I have given up on hope, but it doesn't feel like that from the inside. For me, with all these drugs I'm on, and with the surgery that lies ahead, there is zero chance of having a child. As for finding love again? Well who knows. Emotionally I feel ready in one respect – in that I no longer feel I would spend the whole evening talking about Paul and how his death pulverised me, but in other, I feel so lacking in confidence that I cannot imagine how anyone would want me. So it is best to let go of hopes that are now beyond even the realms of imagination and focus on what I can achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty. Maybe in the letting go, we allow ourselves to become truly open to the brilliant possibilities that living life in the moment brings? That's when we realise that life is amazing just the way it is :) Loads of love to you Xenia. xxx

    ReplyDelete